Tuesday, October 7, 2008

what a week

this week has been pretty eventful, and it is only tuesday night. :o

monday monday....sigh

i stayed up pretty late sunday night, just chatting away and i was exhausted, fall on bed instant sleep kind of thing. however, i slept terribly. i kept waking up. the people who live above me seemed to have gotten louder and do continue to manage to make, it seems, as much noise as possible. my roommates too, though usually not too bad, like to talk in the mornings. i dont wake up till 1030, well i dont get out of bed until then. i detest being awoken up when i dont want to wake up yet. and monday was definately a crabby start.

i go to my first class, intro to film. it was pretty good, i turned in my film response and headed with damian to the library for intro to communications. i've never been inside suu's library until that day, so it was quite the adventure. we learned how to research...something i learned a long time ago. though there is one site that i am interested in actually using, it has this cool pros and cons link that brings you straight to the page where you will find an argument for and against whatever thing you're researching!!! uuuuseful!

in intro to communications, we are getting ready to give informative speeches. my speech will be on how harry potter has improved society. i had already done some research on this a few years back so im pretty much set. plus i LOVE harry potter so i will actually enjoy doing this assignment. :)

my third class of the day was math. we had a test. yeah im pretty sure the highest i could have gotten is a C. but that is well deserved, i didnt try or do the homework and didnt always go to class, so i cant complain.

after that test i went back to the apartment and just relaxed. completely forgetting about the time and the extra credit assignment, THAT I ALREADY DID!!!!!! but would of course FORGET to turn it IN!!! (for communications, an analysis of the vp debate) GAR!!! 30 points EXTRA CREDIT! GAR GAR GAR GA RELIJSDLFKJSFLKSdj MONStErLKDSJFslkdfj its frustrating.

well around 530 i go to my room and turn on my laptop when a loud obnoxious horrendous noise starts going off. this is a noise i've never heard before, i dont know what to do...is it my computer...no...it's coming from all over...the ceiling? the walls? WHERE WHERE ahhh its sooo loud. i leave my room and see my roommates also very confused. wait...is this a fire...drill? is there a real fire? we leave the apartment and see other ppl also looking confused...well we head outside.

now now now. its a bit chilly, prolly in the low 60s with a slight wind. nobody knows what is going on. lisa had quite the amusing story. she was taking a nap and when the sound of death went off she thought it was her alarm clock. so she kept hitting the button to try and turn it off, but it wouldnt turn off. at the time she was still in nap mode to reality hadnt sunk it completely. haha.

basically we're out there for 15 minutes...still nobody knew what was going on. im cold, brittnees cold and so is lisa. (april and stacia were somewhere else, like class) 10 minutes later, the RA's find someone pulled the alarm, but we still had to wait for assistance.

now now, let me tell you what i did BEFORE i left my room. as this awful noise was going off, i have a notion, bring your purse and room key...and shoes. so i did. i grabbed my purse which has my car key and money in it, and my room key and i put on my shoes. none of my other roommates brought anything with them, no room key at all...not even shoes.

back to outside. so me lisa and britt decide to leave, we hop in my car and go to wendys. frostees anyone?? :)

we parked at the elementary school down the road from eccles and ate there. it was some nice roommate bonding.

when we went back, prolly an hour later, all was well.

all in all, a very fun day i think. i at least enjoyed it. rocky starts doesnt mean sucky endings.

tuesday.

i slept better, not perfect, cuz i still got annoyed and crabby when i heard voices that woke me up. be grateful you're not in my mind during those times.

so i get up and go to turn on the lights...but...no light came..."oh no"

i didnt know what to do, luckily stacia came and helped me figure out how to take the light fixture out and then i had to run to class and she said she'd talk to our RA.

anywho, i go to my silly university class. blah blah blah. labels are dumb blah blah blah. buuut oh funny story.

we played the label game. we each had a label on the taped on our backs (soo reminded me of diversity day of the office...) and we formed groups of 4. and we had to tell them if we thought if people should be allowed to protest a funeral.

and the people are supposed to react to us according to our label.

i said i dont think people should be allowed to protest at funerals. it is very disrespectful not only of the person who died, but also for the families and loved ones who are in mourning. just because you may not agree with their lifestyle (gay or a soldier, what we were talking about) does not give you the right to be so mean and rude.

and the ppl in my group were like, yeah go on, you're so right, and that makes me go...I KNOW. i start to agree with them.

after that, we go back to our seats and the instructor goes onto explain what we did that for. and how quickly most people actually start to act what their label is because of how people reacted towards us. (mine was powerful)


i go home, still no light in my room. and stacia says kim will come by after her classes which is 5 pm. im ok with that, and i just eat a snack and then go to my math class

i was refreshened on polynomials. went home, did my hw in like 5 minutes. holla.

5 comes and goes...no light...6 comes and i got to kims room (my ra) and her roomies are like..shes not here but we'll tell her you came by.

7, i watch the debate. 830...still no light or kim. i go back to kims, turns out the roomies forgot to tell kim about my problem but luckily, kim is there and gives me three light bulbs.

i go back to my room, put the light bulbs in and then try to put the top covering on it...eventually lisa comes in and figures it out.

MY ROOM IS SOOOOO BRIGHT!

and clean

i cleaned it in the dark today...haha

yay! im happy i have light!

and i think im voting for obama...i think. im still debating on voting at all.

i just know i dont like mccain, he was very stupid tonight. his claims are very false as i have heard from my obama loving roommate april and the news. though i found the debate to be actually highly entertaining.

anywho, thats been my week so far. :)

toodles

No comments: