Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day One: No FB for a week

I am close to finishing day one of a week without facebook. now i know you're asking, why are you doing this courtney? you always have thought that people who do this are being stupid. well, a few people have told me that i need to find myself and strangely...not keep in contact with people from home as often as i do. now i have my suspicions where that one came from.

yesterday was quite the day, lots of things happened and my mind was quite literally blown. nasty clean up job. so last night i really wanted to talk about what was all happening to someone who also knows what is all happening. however that person did as they almost always had in the past and said "im busy!!!" well fine fine, but this is HUGE and yes i would like to talk about it and you're the only one i CAN talk to about this so please if you could have been so kind to have made some time for me. but nope. *shrug*

and then, another one of my friends starts texting me and this person eventually says that i need to take some time for myself and not sit around trying to get people to talk to me. now those are the exact words, i really wish i hadnt deleted my entire messages, but my message box was getting full. sigh.

also, those two people who i had exchanged texts with last night, they used to hate each other and now suddenly...are they bff's??? it might seem so as they talk an awful lot.

now isnt this interesting....one says "im busy" the other says, "stop texting people and learn to talk to yourself!"

i do talk to myself, i spend prolly TOO much time talking to myself! what do ppl think i do at night? i dont just instantly fall asleep, no it takes me a while to fall asleep. so in the meantime i ponder to myself.

ok. for the reason i decided to stay off facebook for a week.

i do spend an awful lot of time on there, and i guess the idea of seeing what i'd do without it intrigues me.

what did i do today?
school, radio show, and...aim, gmail, and my new thing on youtube Communitychannel. i think her video blogs are hilarious and fun to watch. i have wanted my own video blog for a while but my webcam is a piece of crap (wont record video even though it should) and my camcorder...well i lost the cd that is supposed to be installed on my laptop so i can upload my videos. (something of which has been bothering me all month long well the past couple weeks)

i also watched american idol. starting to get back into that show. prolly cuz i havent found anything better to do.

let me tell you, i dont watch tv that often. i watch two hours on monday for the bachelor and then i watch the office on thursdays. thats it. sometimes i'll watch random things to kill time but the tv is not where i like to spend my time.

well. day one is almost complete. i just might read a book or get back on gmail because im trying to send my radio show to someone. alright. pip pip cheerio

No comments: