Saturday, February 7, 2009

he's just not that into you (Day Four)

i just got back from seeing "he's just not that into you" with lisa and erica.

it came out february 6th

one month EXACTlY from january 6th

i saw the movie at 9:35 PM

pretty much the EXACT same time that tony texted that he didnt love me anymore

Irony anyone?

anywho. im way stoked to see this movie. i thought i wasnt gonna be able to see it because lisa said she was waiting to see it with her sister the next weekend, britt is out of town, erica was supposed to go to las vegas this weekend, and kristen was working. so needless to say i was pretty bummed most of this week thinking i'd either go see it by myself or somehow watch it online...

let me just say this. ever since i started reading my scriptures daily, morning and night, i have noticed a dramatic change in my life. i am happier, i am doing better in school etc. so i strongly believe in the power of the scriptures, however, this morning, as i was praying, i asked that i would find someone who would go to the movie with me tonight...i so badly wanted to go and that would He please bless me and make that happen.

i end my prayer and go take a shower and when i got out and i was getting dressed for the day, i couldnt help by over hear erica and kristen talking. erica said that she was no longer going to vegas this weekend, but next weekend. and i was like OH MY GOSH! she can come to the movie now! yay! and then later that night, as me lisa and erica were leaving miss SUU pageant, lisa decides she can see the movie twice :)

we even got good seats...and the theater was PACKED

the lights go down and the previews start, and the first two previews i've already seen before when the screen gets dark..and i see a cloudy Warner Brothers logo...and my heart starts beating quickly...i know that logo....no way...oh my gosh...HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
THIS NIGHT COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE BETTER! AHHHHH

you know, like my family says, the previews can make or break a movie.

i cannot WAIT for july! :) :) :) :):)

it looks amazing

now now, the movie begins and me and lisa talked earlier about trying to identify with one of the characters. as the movie starts i immediately think, oh im Gigi, the obsessive one that waits by the phone and cyber stalks and tries to "accidentally" bump into the guy...yeah...

however, at the end of the movie, i realize...that i identify with Janine, the woman who her husband cheats on her. i didnt think her at first because tony never cheated on me but the husband said that he used to love his wife he just wasnt ready for marriage when he got married...and then...theres a line at the end where it focuses on Janine's character about...moving on. i dont remember it exactly but it really struck me. about being on my own now and learning who i am and moving on. i actually wanted to cry because it really hit home. i was slightly envious of her though because she at least got to throw his stuff out and take her hurt and anger out on him. which, let me tell you, would have been SOOO nice to just have been able to run into this closet and throw everything out...i think its therapeutic. but i do have some things i need to take care of to help me move on.

the first song of the credits was "friday im in love" ...a song tony gave me on a cd of how he felt about me. before the break up a few months before, lisa made a cd of songs from my itunes...and a lot of the songs were the ones tony gave me. i cant stand listening to them but i dont want to tell lisa to turn the music off because she really likes those songs, it reminds her of her soon to be boyfriend (come valentines day weekend).

i do not mean for this to be a depressing entry. for that is not what it is about. i have kissed my toad but now it's time for me and someday, someone who truly loves me, will give me everything i ever wanted and what i thought was happiness then will seem to be nothing compared to the bliss that will be my ever after.

2 comments:

Automobile Birdsinger said...

I am impressed court! Good for you!

Taff said...

im so happy you too have discovered the power of scriptures and prater.
I was so stupid through most of high school.

I always thought "It's just a book, how can it help my life?"
Wellllll it can fix anything is how it can help.
ily and im so proud of you. :)

You should also check out some old ensigns and church talks. Ballin :)